Thursday, September 4, 2008

Last night i went to a Ratatat show in Salt Lake City and it was amazing. now i must say that the first two bands weren't anything special. i went with some buddies and waited in line and when we got there we met some other people that we know very well from a similar interest in the computer game of Peggle. anyways when we got there as a big posse we listened to two bands one was named Panther which wasnt to great just a lot of repeating electronic beats. after these two bands we probably listened to at least 45 minutes if not an hour of good hawaiian island type music. it was great dance music and we started dancing like animals and enjoying the beats. when Ratatat got on stage there was no question why we came there, we were there to dance. i probably danced for a good hour and a half. it was great. i highly recommend seeing this band live, they are very good. they are all instrumental, meaning no vocals, and they can keep you very much engaged in their music with thier creativity and catchy beats. I love them.

2 comments:

naomi said...

I was there too! I almost gave up waiting for them to get on stage. Last year we waited 45 minutes for them to make an appearance which was annoying. Other than that, last year was even better!! I don't like their new stuff very much

Classionista said...

Carter, I swear to goodness; everything you've suggested I listen to, is on this "Music from the O.C." compilation cd number 6. I ran across it while looking up Band of Horses (a band I think you may really like). Maybe you're just the furrier Adam Brody?

Post a Comment