Monday, July 27, 2009
Bullock Carts and Covered Wagons
This last Saturday was pioneer day for the members of the latter-day saints church. and i never really celebrated it growing up in Alaska but here in India they love the annual celebration because they are pioneers themselves. so this year our elders quorum president, Sam, put together a most memorable experience for the quorum. early Saturday morning we showed up at the church to two Asian bullocks. they look like male cows but are definitely different from the cows in the states. they use them like oxen:
there were two carts that we got all dressed up in blue tarps to look like covered wagons. we did it to mimic the Mormon pioneers who trekked across the states from the east to salt lake city. we so we went from the church building to a property that the church owns for future development. it was quite the trek:
we all piled into the carts and were able to relax. sometimes we did get out and walk around but some people thought we looked funny trying to mimic the pioneers:
once we did get to the property we played games: water balloons, egg toss, tug-a-war, etc...:
and we ate some good chicken kabobs with good Byriani!
it was a super fun day and i loved it. i was definitely tired at the end of the day but it was a super fun day and a celebration to be remember in India.
3 comments:
How fun!! But I have one Question whats the green stuff? Dr.Seuss stop by?
This looks like a lot of fun. I wish I was there to enjoy it. I give the members in Bangalore a lot of credit for coming up with this idea. Keep the pictures coming!
How fun! I LOVE the blue tarp covered wagons, and the long beards, they're hilarious! What a great way to celebrate pioneer day, I bet you'll always remember that!
Post a Comment